Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday, July 23


Breakfast: Cheese eggs from Doug and leftover muffin.


Lunch: After an exhausting morning in Silverdale, Doug makes me a sandwich. It's really a plan to get me in a good mood, so I'll go on a bike ride with him. It works and I even suggest we ride up Toe Jam hill (after riding the trails at Gazzum Lake and to the end of the dock at Point White. The bread and lettuce are from the farmer's market and the turkey and herbed salami are from T&C.


Dinner: An informal dinner since we will all be going to the Music Man performance. Tuna sandwich, that same orzo salad and mixed olives and Balsamic onions from T&C.
(By comparing the tablecloth in the last two photos, the alert viewer will note that the photographer has gotten lazy about color balance.)


Dessert 1: a so-so pluot. Cinderella is looking quite happy in the background because she heard me use the "W" word (walk) amd knows whats up. I forgot to use one of our code words like stroll or promenade that she hasn't learned yet.


Dessert 2: Doug makes me one of his usual after-performance desserts - ice cream and chocolate sauce, and in addition, I get bananas. We did not actually get to see Doug in the performance, because the orchestra is behind a screen, but because he plays the tuba, we could hear how well he played. One theatre-goer was heard to remark that he "stole the show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home