Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saturday, July 16


For the first time in years, Bianca wants us to get an early start - she wants to get home because she's leaving later in the day for volleyball camp. We get to Gere-a-Deli by 8, but it was a circutious route because of "Shipreck Days" where the main street is closed for the town to have a humongous garage sale. Same breakfast as yesterday except a bagel.


Doug hands me a piece of cold pizza for lunch. He bought a gigantic pizza for his dinners while we were gone. I think it was the worst pizza I've ever had. I don't know why I ate two pieces. I had to wash it down with a scoop of coffee ice cream.


Douggie reminds me that it is our anniversary - I'm the one who always forgets the exact date - he's the romantic. He makes grilled swordfish with his special sauce (see the recipe link), pasta, and salad with "bad leaves" as Bianca calls the organic wild greens. She's already left, so we can have them.


I make chocolate desserts for an anniversary treat. (check recipe link for chocolate frosting) The heart shaped cake with pink flowers (Ballerina rose buds) is reminisicent of our wedding cake. And the cupcakes are...well...extra decoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home