Thursday, July 21, 2005

Monday July 18


I was able to talk Doug out of taking the very earliest ferry. I have my usual Grape Nuts, fruit and yogurt breakfast.

I brought along three nectarines and ate this one somewhere along I-90 (after Doug was pulled over for speeding and did NOT get a tickett [although it served to keep him closer to the speed limit {note the word LIMIT means maximum - it does not mean add 5 to 10 for the average speeed} for the rest of the trip.])

Doug knows all the hot spots in Spokane, so we ate at Clinkerdaggers were we had a nice view. Their huckleberry lemonade was way too sweet and the sandwich (without warning) came with french fries which I normally avoid. But since they were there, I ate them.

I eat another nectarine after a refreshing swim at this stop on our afternoon bike ride.

Another Spokane hot spot is the Peacock Room at the Davenport, where I adventurously order a martini! And I eat some cashews.

We had dinner at our hotel (the classy Hotel Lusso - highly recommended) but since the restaurant was closed we ate in the bar and called it another anniversary dinner (allowing Doug to justify a fancy dinner). We both had Ceaser salad to start.

We both also had steak, which I only eat a couple of times a year. It was not as good as at the Four Swallow's. The mashed potatoes were my favorite part. We ordered a dessert to share, which turned out to be enough for a group of eight, so it looked like we didn't eat any of it. We should have just skipped it for the cookie that was waiting for us in our room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home